La Leche League Canada’s mission is to encourage, promote and provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding support and educational opportunities as an important contribution to the health of children, families and society.
This was a refugee project: previous developers had not delivered after nearly 18 months and a sizeable amount of money. Karin picked up the pieces and sought out Alan to provide hosting, server administration/security services as well as expert advise and direction.
Although the design was nice, under the hood the lack of expertise was showing. We re-migrated lots of data from LLLC's 45 000 contacts from Income Manager (an old desktop application) to CiviCRM, and added new Drupal and CiviCRM functionality to create a virtual National Office. This includes:
- protected content based on current Membership type and status,
- online Membership sales, online Health Professional seminar registrations,
- online collection of statistics (e.g. volunteer hours),
- volunteers in the organization (more than 350) have the ability to update their own meeting and schedule page,
- paid staff and other administrators have access to pages they need to update, including News items, RSS feeds, FAQs, Member pages, Health Professional pages, etc.,
- members can self subscribe to Newsletters,
- ability to send Email appeals to donors, and to Email (groups of) members and/or volunteers.
LLLC staff is fully trained to handle the day-to-day operations of the CiviCRM database that now holds over 50 000 contacts. Karin recently finished coding a Drupal Canadian Tax Receipts module that now enables Canadian non-profits to issue CRA compliant Tax receipts directly from CiviCRM. As a result LLLC recently started accepting online donations.
LLLC now has the website they "dreamed off but weren't sure was actually possible" (see Testimonials).